ECU TESTING TOOL
The Examine-Analyzing Equipment of Automobile’s EECS and ECU
ECU TESTING TOOL , testing-analyzing equipment of automobile’s EECS
and ECU, is specially designed for engineers who repair
automobile’s EECS and ECU. It is a handset and also can be used at
worktable. It includes electric-control analyzing equipment and
signal generator. According to the common characteristic if
automobile’s EECS, the equipment can simulate 8 kinds of signals to
meet the demands of diagnosing work. Moreover, the equipment can
simulate 3 kinds of independent, changeable signal combination at
the same time. The equipment is designed on the basis of
electric-control principle and repairing regularity, so it can also
be a useful teaching tool to grasp Automobile-Electric technique in
automobile repairing skill training.
The function of simulating sensor signal:
1. 58+2 signal (58Hz-900Hz), simulate crankshaft position
signal.Have 2 shifts: 5Vpp, 10Vpp.
2. Sin wave signal (20Hz-900Hz), simulate car speed,gear speed,
have 2 shifts: 5Vpp, 10Vpp.
3. Rectangle wave (10Hz-10KHz), simulate various kinds ofdigital
signals, have2 shifts: 5Vpp, 10Vpp.
4. One way changeable resistance signal(50Ω-10KΩ), simulate cool
water temperature, loopy electric potential utensil knob(12)
precisely adjusts tooutput
5. Oneway changeable voltage signal(0-10V),simulate various kinds
of voltage signals; loopy electric potential utensil knob (12)
precisely adjusts to output.
6. PWM signal (5Hz—200Hz; 5%—90%), frequency, DUTY can be
adjustedindependently. Puls and quite the contrary output.(simulate
Cylinder Identification signal, ignition module input signal.
7. PWM drive signal (5Hz—200Hz.5%—90%,20A) driveinjector, ignition
coil, EGR solenoid, IAC MOTOR, etc.
The function of measuring:
1. Examine external injection pulse width. (0.00-99.99ms)
2. Examine external voltage (0-10V).
3. Examine external signal’s frequency (0-9999Hz).
4. Examine external signal’s DUTY (5%-100%).
5. Examine external impulse with flashing LED.
The function of active testing:
1. When simulating signals like voltage, resistance, frequency, you
can observe injection pulse width simultaneously.
2. You can examine the injection pulse width of an engine’s
3. By means of observing injection pulse width (ms), you can do
these tests to the Electronic Fuel Injection engine:
Add rich mixture at cold starting;
Add rich mixture at running;
Add rich mixture at Idle;
Feed back capability test of Oxygen signal under closed loop
Sever Fuel test; MAP test; etc.
4. You can test the battery voltage of the engine’s stating status.
5. When observing signal’s frequency and pulse width, you can
examine signal’s voltage and DUTY at the same time.
6. The blue LED can do the induce test of ignition high tension.
1,Measure Pulse Width:
2. Measure Signal’s Frequency (Hz)
3. Measure Engine’s Injection Pulse Width (ms)
4. Measure the Voltage:
5. Measure the Digital Signal’s DUTY
6. External Signal’s LED Test.
7. Simulate Output the Voltage Signal and Resistance Signal.
8. Simulate Output the Frequency Signal.
9. Simulate output the PWM signal.
10. Simulate Output the PWM Drive Signal.
11. The Active Test of the Equipment.
ABBREVIATIONS IN THIS MANUAL:
EECS:Engine Electronic Control System
ECU:Electronic Control Unit
EGR: Exhaust Gas Recirculation
PWM: Pulse Width
AFS:Air Flow Sensor
IAC:Idle Air Control